Award season is officially in full swing, so here are some of our personal Faves and Faux Pas’ from last night’s Golden Globe Awards!
1. Lupita Nyongo stunned last night in a gorgeous red capped Ralph Lauren dress. The 12 Years a Slave star is not only an up and comer in Hollywood, but definitely one to watch on the fashion scene. Her bright bold choices are always head-turners and she rocks every one with a glowing confidence. Can’t wait to see what more she has in store for us!
2. Another newcomer, Margot Robbie surely dressed to impress in a beautiful Gucci dress with beaded accents and sexy thigh high slit, as she presented with Wolf of Wallstreet co-star, Jonah Hill.
3. Seasoned actress, Cate Blanchett never fails to make our jaws drop. She looked absolutely stunning in an Armani lace black backless gown to accept the award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama.
4. Mila Kunis didn’t need to bring beaux, Ashton Kutcher to stand out on the red carpet. She was shining solo in a beautiful grey embellished halter dress by Gucci.
5. We have to give it to Emma Watson for her fearless fashion risk in Dior Couture. Her dress-over-pants look read simple and safe from the front, with a sexy surprise in the back. It takes real guts to pull this look off, but Emma rocked it, accessioning with a single Dior pearl earring and simple hair and makeup.
With Olivia Wilde in a dazzling emerald green Gucci gown, Kerry Washington in custom Balenciaga and Drew Barrymore in a floral Monique Lhuillier dress, these ladies proved that it wouldn’t even matter what they wore because a baby bump is the best accessory! The visibly happy and proud moms-to-be were positively glowing!
1. Best Actor in a Drama winner, Matthew McConaughey looked dapper in a unique emerald green, crushed velvet tuxedo with his gorgeous wife Camila Alves on his arm in a black long-sleeved gown that shimmered with sequins from head to toe. The couple both wore Dolce and Gabbana.
2. Liev Schriver and Naomi Watts looked amazing in Tom Ford as they walked the red carpet hand-in-hand. Sexy and sweet!
3. Jenna Dewan-Tatum had that new mama glow in a gorgeous Roberto Cavalli gown just eight months after giving birth to her daughter Everly. Of course her always handsome hubby, Channing Tatum, didn’t look so bad himself in a Gucci tuxedo.
Fashion Faux Pas’:
1. Paula Patton is a beautiful woman but she always seems to miss the mark when it comes to fashion. We applaud her for making a fearless fashion choice but unfortunately this one did not work in her favor. The giant ruffles on her Stephane Rolland Couture gown simply swallowed her, which had the dress wearing her and not the other way around.
2. Rumor has it that Tom Ford admitted only to dressing Naomi Watts for the red carpet, with no mention of Hayden Pannetierre; meaning, she went out and bought this dress retail. Unfortunately, we don’t think she got her money’s worth as the bejewelled halter neckline brings us back to the nineties and that slick back hair did nothing to improve the look.
3 / 4. Designer Prabal Gurung did no favors to not one, but two starlets we often enjoy seeing on the red carpet. Zoe Saldana’s mess of a dress from his Spring 2014 runway show just seemed like a patchwork of prints that left us confused while Sandra Bullock’s color block gown from the Pre-Fall 2014 collection simply failed to wow us.
5. Julia Roberts used to always make a splash on the red carpet, but this awards show veteran failed to impress us last night with an aging Dolce & Gabbana look. Maybe she should get tips from Helen Mirren who, at 68 years old, always rocks the red carpet in amazing, youthful - yet age appropriate gowns proving that style has no age!
Hostesses with the Mostest:
Finally we have to give a shoutout to the hilarious hosts, Funny moms, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler who proved that they are still golden as they entertained us for a second year in a row at the Golden Globes! However, when they hit the red carpet together, one was looking fab, and the other one - a little drab. We loved Amy Poeler’s edgy, form-fitting LBD from Stella Mcartney’s fall 2014 - that hasn't even hit the runway yet! But her partner in (fashion) crime Tina Fey failed to come up roses in a floral-printed Carolina Herrera dress. Luckily, she redeemed herself on stage when she had us in stitches.
So what do you think? Who are your hits and misses from the 2014 Golden Globes? Let us know in the comments!
Joanna & Yussie